The Régates de Valleyfield constitute a unique product in all of North America. Part of the Regroupement des événements majeurs internationaux du Québec (RÉMI), the festival will host its 82nd edition in 2021. The event owes its reputation and success to the 300 devoted volunteers and faithful business partners. At the Régates de Valleyfield, passion is contagious and the enthusiasm is legendary. Annually, 130,000 attendees appreciate the magnificent Régates site, at the heart of the downtown area, during the three days of breathtaking races and five nights of energetic shows. At the delight of spectators, the hydroplanes reach top speeds of more than 225 km/h. Mindful of its ecological footprint, the event collects 95 tons of residual materials on its site.
In addition to the hydroplane racing program and the concerts from renown artists, the Régates de Valleyfield are responsible for the management and promotion of a group of promoters and hosts of American and Canadian sporting events through the Hydroplane Racing League (HRL). The organization also handles the maintenance and preparation of most of its fleet of competition hydroplanes through the Hydroplane Valleyfield shop.
Under the supervision of the board of directors, the General Manager’s role is to showcase the Régates de Valleyfield by managing the entirety of operations linked to the organization, including human and financial resources, development and marketing.
- Develop and manage budgets and production deadlines. Manage and approve expenses.
- Make optimal use of all installations and maximize its functionality in partnership with the City of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield.
- Manage projects, negotiate contracts, prepare quotes, obtain quotes and permits for all work and conduct follow-ups.
- Represent the company at the RÉMI and within different sports associations, the business community, government entities and the clientele.
- Rigorously plan and coordinate all activities of the company and ensure the smooth running of the Festival des Régates site and hydroplane competitions throughout the season.
- Advise the tenure team on the development of prizes and promotional strategies for the products and services of the company, and assess its situation on a continuous basis.
- Support the creation and distribution of promotional activities and objects.
Required skills and qualifications
- Undergraduate university degree related to the position.
- Over 5 years in a similar position. Any other pertinent experience will be considered as an asset.
- Leadership and great interpersonal skills
- Experience in event planning, more precisely in the field of hydroplane racing, would be an asset.
- Salary: to be discussed
- Start of employment: September 2020
- Full time, variable hours
 Only the chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.