The fifth edition of the Gala des Champions was held last Saturday, in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, and saw Bert Henderson, Sylvain Campeau, Donald Leduc and Karson Kennedy come out victorious.
The 2015 Gala des Champions was hosted by Sylvain Dorais at the Hotel Plaza in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield. Cinema was the theme of the evening, which bore, as always, an air of friendliness and cordiality. Guests were shown numerous amusing photos and videos of the drivers and their crew.
“This event has now become a tradition, says Didier Séguin, the League’s commissioner. It is an opportunity for us to have a laugh, but most importantly, to celebrate our sport.”
The President, Michel Poirier, reminded everyone that they now have to join forces in order to renew the public’s enthusiasm for the sport, find new partners and passionate teams.
21 awards in 13 categories
A total of 21 awards were distributed in 13 categories.
– Grand Prix class: Brandon Kennedy 3rd, Tom Pakradooni 2nd, Bert Henderson 1st
– Formula 2500 class: Steve Armstrong 3rd, Bobby King 2nd, Donald Leduc 1st
– 2.5 litre class: Guillaume Charrette 3rd, Leah Hoosick 2nd, Karson Kennedy 1st
– Hydro 350 class: Derec Smith 3rd, Jimmy King 2nd, Sylvain Campeau 1st
– Rookie of the Year: Claude Abbott
– Most Improved Driver: Richard Haineault
– Teammate of the Year: Jeff Richards
– Personality of the Year: Denis Bourbonnais
– Best driver of the last 5 years: Kent Henderson
– Driver of the Year: Bert Henderson
– Team of the Year: GP 777 EMS-Steeler
– Best Debut in a Superior Class: Andrew Tate